Thursday, May 15, 2014

Paleo Week 1: Day 1 - I'm BACK!

Hello!

I am excited to be back after a loooong hiatus. My family and I have had some huge life changes that, well, changed our lives. These changes presented some challenges that pushed us off course from our healthy, simple, clean living. Unfortunately, we stopped eating pro-Paleo foods and started eating a lot of take-away. We stopped making our own soap and bought pre-made soaps, shampoos, etc from big shopping marts. We even stopped focusing on our goal to limit consumerism. But now we are trying to get back to our center where we were happier.

For some of you who have been following my blog, you know that grains and I do NOT get along. They make me bloated, forgetful, depressed, irritated, tired... the list goes on and on. Since October we have been consuming grains on a daily basis. I gained all the weight I lost back and then some. My fitness level hasn't changed, but my diet sure has and that made all the difference. In fact, I would say that my fitness level is higher now that I walk a couple of miles per day.

In any case, we are trying to get back to our best and today was DAY ONE WITHOUT ANY GRAINS and ZERO sugars, other than raw honey!! Anyone who has given up grains knows that this is a huge feat. Grains are addictive and they activate the same sensor responses as recreational drugs. For more information on the effects of grains on a person's body, see my blog post HERE.

So, if anyone is ready to do this with me, PLEASE know you have a buddy to "stand" by your side! I will be here to encourage you every step of the way! We have 30 more days to go and two weeks before the grains we ate yesterday are out of our system. If you want to join us, please comment below!

Wishing you clean, healthy, simple, better living

-Deedee

No comments:

Post a Comment