Sunday, May 18, 2014

Paleo Week 1: Days 2, 3, and 4

Ohhhh the cravings!

BREAD BREAD BREAD BREAD I really want BREAD!

Or pizza, or tacos, or cake, or the cupcakes still sitting in my fridge. I've been doing very well and haven't had a slip-up... yet. Grain withdrawal is challenging and the cravings are intense. Thank goodness we have plenty of cheese (lacto-Paleo), nuts, meat, and honey. But, for some reason, I can't seem to throw away these adorable mini-cupcakes sitting in my fridge that I see every time I open the door. I know what they'll do to my body if I eat them, so why can't I throw them away? I don't want to eat them; I don't want to feel sick in the morning like I always do when I consume grains. But this craving for sugar and grains is so "in my head" that I can't throw something away that I have no intentions of eating.

I experienced this issue last time I went on the Paleo journey, so I know it will get easier. But right now, all I can think about is eating cake. So I'm going to stay focused on the goal and keep my mind off the cupcakes as much as possible. I hope those of you on this journey with me will stay strong too! But, if you do "slip up", don't worry. Just accept it for what it is and start again, continuously reminding yourself that this journey is all about giving your body what it needs to function at it's best.

Cheers and luck,

Deedee

No comments:

Post a Comment